Verico The Mortgage Professionals are proud to announce the induction of founder Brian Matthey into the Canadian Mortgage Hall of Fame on Sunday November 24 at the Metro Convention Centre in Toronto.
Twelve of Brian’s family and colleagues attend the event to support Brian:
Front, L-R: Janet MacDonald, Lindsay Paterson, Carol Matthey, Lynn Rundle, Karen Matthey, Cheryl Dillon, Steacy Matthey, Back, L R: Alan Paterson, Brian Matthey, Ian Rundle, Leigh Graham, Jeff Dillon, Chris Matthey
Verico The Mortgage Professionals are proud to add Brian’s award to the growing national recognition of our Kingston and area mortgage agents and brokers as the top mortgage professionals in the industry.
Brian founded The Mortgage Professionals in 1989 following a 17-year career with CIBC and a short stint in retail. Over the past 24 years, The Mortgage Professionals has become Eastern Ontario’s largest mortgage brokerage (ex-Ottawa). It has grown to 3 owners, 26 licensed agents and 14 support staff, with seven offices. They process approximately $300 million in mortgage volume annually.
Brian is known within the company and the industry as an early adopter of new technology to improve himself and his business, as well as develop new ideas and new industry initiatives. He leads by example and finds great personal success from early adoption, sharing his success secrets not only within the company but with brokers across Canada. It is this willingness and openness in sharing what has worked and what hasn’t that demonstrates Brian’s true professionalism.
Industry Achievements include:
– Fellow of the Institute of Canadian Bankers since 1975
– One of the original founders of the national mortgage organization CAAMP in 1994
– Accredited Mortgage Professional (AMP) designation
– Served on numerous Lender Advisory Boards across the country
– Past Chairman and member of the National Advisory Council for Verico
– Member of the Board for Canadian First Financial Centre since 2011 and currently Co-Chair of the Advisory Board
– Verico – The Mortgage Professionals received CAAMP’s AMP Corporate Excellence Award in 2009
– Brian was chosen as Kingston’s Best Mortgage originator in 2011 and ranked #2 in 2012 (Kingston This Week’s Readers Choice Awards)
– in 2011, Brian was a finalist as Mortgage Broker of the Year at the Canadian Mortgage Professional (CMP) Awards
– Also in 2011, The Mortgage Professionals won Mortgage Brokerage of the Year at the CMA Awards
– In 2013 The Mortgage Professionals were finalists for Mortgage Brokerage of the Year and Employer of Choice
– Also in 2013 Brian ranked in the Top 20 Brokers in Small Markets by CMP Magazine
Brian has been married for 41 years to his wife Carol and has two children, Chris and Karen